With the fiancé out of town, I decided to take advantage of an empty apartment and host a brunch for my bridesmaids. We had a fun time mingling, while getting some wedding logistics done. I kept the menu simple: a bacon, spinach quiche, home fries and banana chip bread. And of course it couldn’t be brunch without mimosas.
This past weekend helped me realize even more that I chose the right group of gals. I’m so grateful to have such an amazing bridal party. Plus, if the Nifty Noodle ever got big I know I’ll have a best production crew. I was starving by the time we took this A+ photo. I only took us about 20 minutes of staging and editing to get it right -_-We need to work on our selfie game. Selfie sticks are a must at our next get together.
Bacon Spinach Quiche
1 pie crust (I used half the dough of from my pie crust recipe)
5 slices of bacon, diced
1 cup milk (I used 2%)
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup Chedder cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed (feel free to use fresh spinach)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the pie dough to fit a 9 inch pie pan. Place the dough into the pan and poke holds into the dough using a fork. Bake the pie crust for 20 minutes.
- While the pie crust is baking, cook the bacon until crispy. Transfer onto a paper towel.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the cheeses, spinach and bacon into the egg mixture until well incorporated.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust. Bake for 50 minutes.