Chocolate and coffee, what a magical combination for a caffeine boost. If you’re looking for the perfect afternoon pick me up, look no further. This is this what you need.
Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 ½ cup flour
½ cup cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
12 ounces bittersweet chocolate
1 stick butter
1 tablespoon espresso powder (or instant coffee)
1 ½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a microwavable bowl, heat 8 ounces of the chocolate and butter. Stir the mixture every 30 seconds. It should take about 2 minutes to completely melt the chocolate and butter.
- Stir in the espresso powder into the chocolate mixture until fully dissolved.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture into a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle. Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla until combined. Gradually mix in flour mixture. Fold in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Using a mini cookie scoop, place batter onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes. Transfer the cookies onto a wire rack to cool.
*When you take the cookies out of the oven, they might look and feel a little undone, but they will harden as they cool. Do not overbake.